If you’re looking for a BJJ Gi, congrats — You’ve come to the right place! MMAWarehouse.com has been the leading retailer of BJJ and MMA Gear for over a decade.
Let’s take a look at the Best BJJ Gis of 2015 (so far) to help you make an informed decision when buying your gi. “Best” here relates to the best-selling gis at MMAWarehouse.com for 2015, and this will also give you a solid grasp on what people are buying and what they like. Just click any of the pictures or links to order or for more information and pictures!
In our list of the Best BJJ Gis of 2014, the Tatami Estilo 4.0 was ranked #1. So it should come as no surprise that the latest edition of the Estilo, the 5.0, ranks first so far in 2015.
The Tatami Estilo 5.0 features a new Y shaped jacket vent. The Y shape provides a better fit across the body and allows for greater range of motion. Other features include:
- High-quality embroideries
- 550GSM Pearl Weave Jacket
- 12oz Canvas Pants
- Embroidered Tatami Logos
- Embroidered Estilo Logos
- Inside Sublimated Neck Lining
- Woven Tape Lining Cuffs and Base Of Jacket
- New Unique Y-Jacket Vents
The Shinju came out in 2014, and ended the year in the #10 slot. Sales for the Shinju have been very strong in 2015, vaulting it to #2 in our list of the Best BJJ Gis of 2015. Features of the Hayabusa Shinju include:
- Tight Weave material with reinforced double ply fabric on high stress areas
- Designed with 550-gm Pearl Weave Material
- 14oz Canvas Cotton for added strength and durability
- Quick dry fully breathable
- Pre-Shrunk for ideal fit
The Combat Corner ECO V3.0 Series BJJ Gi has been a favorite of Jiu Jitsu practitioners for a long time. It came in at #9 last year, and leaps up to #3 in 2015. Combat Corner calls the ECO V3.0 “a professional design that’s perfect for those who train or compete but are also budget minded and still want a top quality Gi.” Plenty of our customers agree with that. It features many of the finer details you will find on higher priced Gis, like its fast-drying lightweight EVA-filled collar. Here are the specs:
- 100% Pre-Shrunk Cotton construction
- One Piece Construction, No back seam
- Durable 450 gram lightweight weave perfect for all weather conditions
- Fast Drying lightweight EVA filled collar
- Standard sized BJJ Cut
- Lightweight durable drill cotton construction
- 6 draw string loops
- Stretchy rope drawstring
- “Stepped” Waist design keeps pants in place
- Double layered angle pattern knees
- Quadruple stitched hem
- All Triple stitched & Gusset reinforced seams
- Include high quality BJJ belt with black tab
- Fully Re-designed model
Hypnotik launched their brand in 2014 with a nice mix of BJJ gis and rashguards. The Hypnotik Base Gi was designed for people who don’t want to break the bank, but still want a quality gi that will last. The Hypnotik Base Gi features a terrific fit and is tapered in the most important areas. This gi features a 450gsm Hybrid weave jacket, and comes with heavy cotton reinforcements in all areas. The pants have also been upgraded to a 10oz. twill making them heavier and more resilient than traditional twill cotton pants. Bonus: it also comes with a free white belt! If you’re just getting started in BJJ or are looking for a second gi to add to your collection, the Hypnotik Base Gi is an excellent choice!
The Venum Challenger 2.0 was developed in collaboration with Leandro Lo, who won the Worlds, Pan Am and Brazilian Nationals in 2012. Venum bills the gi as “the perfect choice for both advanced and beginners BJJ practitioners.”
Technical features include:
- Jacket fabric: Pearl Weave cotton.
- Lightweight fabric: 410 GSM
- Reinforced collar for more resistance
- Quick dry, aerated and pre-shrunk cotton for optimized fit
- Pants: hard-wearing cotton
- Triangle panel located at the crotch for an increase range of motion
- Shoulders: Woven patches
- Front logo: Embroidery
- Back logo: Embroidery
- Pants logos: Embroideries
- Fastening system: Rope lace
- Contrasted white stitching
Here are links to BJJ Gis #5 – #10:
- Fuji All Around BJJ Gi (White)
- Gameness Pearl 2015 Gi
- Hypnotik Apex Gi
- Venum Elite BJJ Gi
- Tatami Honey Badger V3 BJJ Gi
MMAWarehouse.com has over 100 different gis in-stock and ready to ship. So if these 10 aren’t what you’re looking for, hit the main site and you will find one to your liking. You can also click here to check out the Best BJJ Gis of 2014.
Have a good time on the mats – OSS!